More Frequently Asked Questions
1. Objective: create a long-term financial and facility plan
2. School Board made budget cuts: For the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 school years, the school board made $450,000 in budget cuts.
3. Strategic Planning Committee: During winter 2015, a planning committee made up of community members identified a number of “Bold Steps."
4. Long-term facilities plan: One of the plan’s priorities is to create a long-term facilities plan that addresses student needs for the foreseeable future.
5. Facilities Task Force: A facilities task force was formed with parent and community member involvement
March 30: Held staff listening session
April-July: Held 6 community listening sessions
6. Task Force Outcomes:
Operating budget is a concern: increase operating levy
Facilities are in need of upgrades:
Priorities – 21st century educational needs
Immediate needs - Maintenance
7. The Plan: Plan evolved after considering many options
Flows, adjacencies, efficiencies, cost components were all taken into careful consideration
The committee reviewed a dozen plans (A-M) before the best plan (M) was created
8. Unanimous Vote: The school board voted unanimously to seek voter approval of three referendum questions to meet the needs identified by the facilities task force